RAID Data Recovery
Definition – What exactly does RAID Data Recovery mean?
RAID Data Recovery is the method of recovering or the data that was lost from the RAID storage infrastructure or storage structure.
It utilizes a combination of manual and automated process to extract and recover information from one or several RAID drives as well as storage components. Data recovery for RAID can be applied to both hardware- as well as software-based RAID.
Techopedia explains RAID Data Recovery
RAID data recovery is distinct from conventional data recovery methods since the RAID storage architecture employs an innovative and complicated method of storage and extraction of data. RAID data recovery may be applied to any level of RAID such as RAID 0 3, 4, 5 6, 7, and 10. Recovery is generally necessary due to technical mistakes like:
- Hard disk that is failing
- Controls that aren’t working properly
- Data overwritten
- Software and application corruption
RAID recovery typically requires the reconstruction from the entire RAID storage arrays to the original or the most recent known good configurations and settings. The user/software needs to know the RAID configuration on the hardware, software , and firmware level in order to successfully recover information. Finding the right RAID array is a crucial component in the RAID recovering process.
Before you begin your RAID recovery
Take a look at the following points:
- In the event that one disk in RAID 5, RAID 6, 5E or RAID 0+1 appears to be physically damaged(produces strange noises, e.g. clicking, or repeated spin-up and spin-down sounds) Do not use the disk to recover.
- If you can’t use the physically damaged disk such as to perform RAID 0, recovery, you can create the disk image file . make use of the Create disk image option beneath Disks on the toolbar within ReclaiMe’s Free RAID Recovery program.
- If you’re an Hardware RAID If you do, then you must
- Label the disks clearly along with the cables and the ports for controllers to ensure that the original arrangement can be recreated in the event of need.
- Connect the member disks of the array to the controller, and then connect them as stand-alone or separate disks to an un-RAID controller. ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovey must access the disks on its own in order to reconstruct RAID parameters.
- If you intend to recover files after the RAID parameters have been reinstated, prepare a free disk spaceequal to the amount of data you intend to retrieve.
How do I retrieve RAID
- Install and start ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery software.
- If you need to you can make or open disk image files from the disks that are members using this Disks button.
- Choose the kind of the array you’re considering.
- To create RAID 0, choose a minimum of two of the devices. Then click to start RAID 0..
- To start RAID 5, click Start. choose all available member disks , then click to start RAID 5.. A minimum of two disks are required. ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery software can restore RAID 5 with only one disk not present.
- For RAID 1+0, 0+1+1 RAID 5E, RAID 6 choose all available disks as members and select the correct RAID type from Additional RAIDs.
- It will take the time to complete finding the parameters. It could take anywhere from a few seconds to several hours ( learn why). The process is completed at the point that it is either scan progression is completed or confidence is fully filled. It is important to note the fact that the progress of Scan always increases, and Confidence could reduce.
- When you reach the stage, all parameters are restored. After that, you can choose:
- Run ReclaiMe in order to recover information. In the event that ReclaiMe Software for File Recovery is already installed on the computer it will be started with RAID Recovery mode, and shows the array’s partitions. If you don’t have ReclaiMe then you will be given the option to download ReclaiMe file Recovery software.
- Save layouts to the XML document. Save the array parameters that were recovered into the file using XML file format. You can open the file using the ReclaiMe the File Recovery software and begin to retrieve data from the array by using ReclaiMe’s RAID Recovery Mode.
- Use in conjunction with other software for data recovery. This guide provides step-by step instructions for how to transfer obtained parameters to various widely-used software for data recovery. Be aware that the steps are specific to each scenario that involves RAID and you must adhere to them precisely. If the need arises it is possible to copy the instructions copied to the clipboard by clicking Copy to Clipboard button.